Year-end Report, January – December 2018 Coor Service Management Holding AB
Year-end Report, January – December 2018, Coor Service Management Holding AB
Fourth quarter of 2018
- Net sales increased by 24 per cent in the fourth quarter, to SEK 2,613 (2,112) million. Organic growth was 9 per cent and growth from acquisitions 11 per cent, while foreign exchange effects accounted for 3 per cent of the increase.
- Adjusted EBITA increased by 8 per cent to SEK 135 (125) million and the operating margin was 5.2 (5.9) per cent.
- EBIT was SEK 55 (71) million. Profit after tax was SEK 42 (48) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK 0.4 (0.5).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 283 (306) million. Excluding a negative balance day event, operating cash flow was 377 (306)
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend for 2018 of SEK 4.00 (4.00) per share, of which SEK 2.00 (1.80) is ordinary and SEK 2.00 (2.20) extra dividend.
Full Year 2018
- Net sales for the full year 2018 increased by 23 per cent, to SEK 9,489 (7,722) million. Organic growth was 10 per cent and growth from acquisitions 10 per cent while foreign exchange effects accounted for 3 per cent of the increase.
- Adjusted EBITA increased by 5 percent to SEK 490 (468) million. The operating margin was 5.2 (6.1) per cent.
- EBIT was SEK 219 (268) million. Profit after tax was SEK 104 (188) million.
- Earnings per share were SEK 1.1 (2.0).
- Operating cash flow was SEK 354 (492) million. Excluding a negative balance day event, operating cash flow was 448 (492)
- GROUP EARNINGS SUMMARY*
|Oct - Dec||Jan - Dec|
|Organic growth, %||9||9||10||6|
|Acquired growth, %||11||0||10||0|
|Adjusted EBITA-margin, %||5.2||5.9||5.2||6.1|
|Income for the period||42||48||104||188|
|Operating cash flow||283||306||354||492|
|Earnings per share, SEK||0.4||0.5||1.1||2.0|
* The comparative figures for 2017 refer to continuing operations in the Group after the sale of the damage services business
See page 24 for definitions and calculations of key performance indicators. Non-recurring items are presented in Note 3.
Invitation to a press and analyst presentation
On 21 February, at 9.30 a.m. CET, the company’s President and CFO will give a presentation on developments
in the fourth quarter in a webcast. To participate in the webcast, please register in advance using the following
To listen to the presentation by telephone, dial +46851999383 (Sweden), +4723500236 (Norway), +4578150108 (Denmark), +358981710523 (Finland) or +443333009263 (UK).
The briefing material and a recording of the webcast will be published on the company’s website www.coor.com under Investors/Reports and presentations, after the briefing.
Annual General Meeting 2019
The Annual General Meeting will be held on 2 May, at 15:00 p.m., at the Kista Entré conference centre,
Knarrarnäsgatan 7, Kista, Sweden. Information on how to register along with the notice of AGM and other information will be available on the company’s website from 26 March.
Interim Report January – March 2019 2 May 2019
Interim Report January – June 2019 18 July 2019
Interim Report January – September 2019 7 November 2019
The Annual Report 2018 will be published on the company’s website in week 14 of 2019.
More information and contact
For questions concerning the financial report, please contact Olof Stålnacke, CFO and IR Manager (+46 10 559 59 20, email@example.com).
For other questions concerning the operations or the company, please contact CEO Mikael Stöhr (+46 10 559 59 35, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Communications Director Magdalena Öhrn
More information is also available on our website: www.coor.com.
This constitutes information which Coor Service Management Hoding AB is required to publish under the EU’s Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication through the above contact person on 21 February 2019, at 7:30 a.m. CET.
Coor is a leading provider of facility management services in the Nordic countries, focusing on integrated and complex service undertakings (IFM). Coor offers specialist expertise in workplace services (soft FM), property services (hard FM) and strategic advisory services for development of customers’ service activities. Coor creates value by executing, leading, developing and streamlining its customers’ service activities, ensuring that they provide optimal support to the core business over time. Coor’s customer base includes many large and small companies and public-sector organisations across the Nordic region, including ABB, AB Volvo, Aibel, Det Norske Veritas, E.ON, Ericsson, Equinor, EY, NCC, Politiet (Danish police), Saab, Sandvik, SAS, Telia Company, the Swedish Transport Administration, Vasakronan and Volvo Cars.
Established in 1998, Coor has been listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange since June 2015. Coor takes responsibility for the operations it conducts, in relation to its customers, employees and shareholders, as well as for its wider impact on society and the environment. Read more at www.coor.com